- MFG # SF808
- UPC # 693749002147
MediBolic is a pea and rice protein-based nutritional supplement product with abundant soluble fiber‚ a complete multi-vitamin-mineral complex‚ and targeted botanicals and nutrients that can address the functional derangements associated with metabolic syndrome.
MediBolic contains nutrients and botanicals that will:
- Help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Support already normal lipid levels.
- Increase satiety.
- Promote insulin sensitivity.
- Enhance nutrient support for fatty liver.
MediBolic® Contains Key Ingredients and Features Madeglucyl®:
- Madeglucyl: MediBolic contains the proprietary botanical extract Medeglucyl‚ pioneered by Indena‚ a leading innovator of unique botanical extracts. It is a patented extract derived from the seeds of Eugenia jambolana‚ also known as Syzygium cumini. This botanical was heavily researched in Europe as an anti-diabetic agent prior to insulin development. In human and laboratory studies Syzygium has been shown to help support normal blood glucose levels. Unpublished Indena research on the specific extract Madeglucyl found a 20-percent decrease in blood sugar levels after a carbohydrate load (50 grams of white rice) in healthy volunteers. Another unpublished Indena study conducted on 40 patients with type 2 diabetes found Madeglucyl (average 2-3 grams daily) resulted in a 35-percent reduction in fasting blood sugar levels after 15 days and a 49-percent reduction after 90 days.
In a small‚ unpublished pilot study (data provided by Indena)‚ 13 type 2 diabetics (nine were not on oral hypoglycemic medications) were given varying dosages of Madeglucyl (from 1.5-6 grams daily) for 10 weeks. Fasting blood sugar dropped an average of 33 percent (n=22)‚ while postprandial blood sugar dropped an average of 35 percent (n=10).
The mechanisms of action of Madeglucyl include activation of glucose transport‚ improved glycogen storage‚ and stimulation of insulin release. Laboratory studies support Syzgium's ability to improve blood glucose and lipid profiles.
- CinSulin®: MediBolic contains CinSulin‚ a 10:1 water extract of cinnamon. Cinnamon extracts have been shown to positively affect numerous aspects of MetS in individuals with obesity‚ pre-diabetes‚ diabetes‚ or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In one study using the specific extract in CinSulin‚ supplementation of 250mg twice daily or placebo for two months to 137 individuals with type 2 diabetes significantly improved fasting and postprandial glucose levels in the cinnamon group. Each serving of MediBolci contains 250mg of CinSulin.
- SunFiber®: Each serving of MediBolic contains 10 grams of SunFiber‚ a partially hydrolyzed guar gum fiber. Fiber is an essential component of a program for maintenance of healthy blood sugar and lipid levels. SunFiber can help reduce the glycemic index of the food with which it is consumed. When ingested with a meal‚ partially hydrolyzed guar gum can also help modulate blood sugar and lipids. Both partially hydrolyzed and non-hydrolyzed guar gum have been shown to aid satiety.
- Chromium: Chromium supplementation has been reported in clinical trials for over five decades to improve insulin regulation and glucose tolerance. In a meta-analysis of 41 studies‚ chromium was shown to significantly improve fasting glucose and HbA1c levels in type 2 diabetics. A meta-analysis of 11 studies found chromium supplementation compared to placebo resulted in significant decreases in body weight and percent body fat. MediBolic contains 400mcg of chromium per serving.
- Resveratrol: Resveratrol is an "anti-aging" polyphenol found in red wine and many plants. Numerous studies show its potential for modulating factors associated with MetS. Resveratrol can inhibit fat deposition in organs‚ improve insulin sensitivity‚ lover blood sugar and triglycerides‚ improve endothelial function‚ and inhibit inflammation associated with diabetic neuropathy and nephropathy. MediBolic contains 50mg of resveratrol per serving.
- Green Tea Phytosome (Green Tea extract bound to phosphatidylcholine; Green Select®): Green tea phytosome‚ another Indena innovation‚ has been shown to be absorbed three times more efficiently than unbound green tea. In a study of obese individuals‚ 50 subjects taking 150mg twice daily of the green tea phytosome along with a low-calorie diet for 90 days lost significantly more weight (14kg versus 5kg) and had significantly decreased BMI compared to 50 individuals in the diet-only group. MediBolic contains 200mg of green tea phytosome per serving.
- Betaine: Betaine‚ also known as trimethylglycine‚ is a methyl donor in the metabolism of homocysteine; as a result‚ it helps decrease homocysteine levels the elevation of which is a cardiovascular disease risk. In addition‚ high doses of betaine were shown in a randomized‚ controlled trial to decrease infiltration of triglycerides and other fats into the liver known as steatosis or fatty liver. MediBolic contains 1 gram of betaine per serving.
- Isoleucine: Isoleucine is a branched-chain amino acid. Like exercise‚ isoleucine has been shown to lower glucose levels by enhancing uptake of glucose by skeletal muscle and decreasing glucose production in the liver. Branched-chain amino acids can also help reduce fatigue during exercise. MediBolic contains 300mg of isoleucine per serving.
- Glycine: Glycine is an amino acid that has been shown to increase adiponectin‚ which down-regulates inflammatory cytokines in fat tissue‚ thus helping to modulate inflammation associated with obesity and MetS. MediBolic contains 500mg of glycine per serving.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: Two Level Scoops (42 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 14
Amount Per Serving / % DV
Calories from Fat 10
Calories from Saturated Fat 0
Total Fat 1.5g / 2%*
Saturated Fat 0g / 0%
Total Carbohydrate 12g / 4%*
Dietary Fiber 9g / 36%*
Soluble Fiber 9g / **
Sugars 1g / **
Other Carbohydrate 2g / **
Protein 17g / 34%*
Vitamin A (2‚500 IU as Palmitate and 2‚500 IU as Beta Carotene) 5‚000 IU / 100%
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500mg / 833%
Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) 1‚000 IU / 250%
Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol from 300mg Mixed Tocopherols) 200 IU / 667%
Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 500mcg / 625%
Thiamin (as Thiamin HCI) 50mg / 3‚333%
Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 5mg / 294%
Niacin (30mg as Niacinamide and 10mg as Niacin) 40mg / 200%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 6.3mg / 315%
Folate 300mcg / 75%
(150mcg as Calcium Folinate and 150mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid‚ Glucosamine Salt)
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 100mcg / 1‚667%
Biotin 4mg / 1‚333%
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 46mg / 460%
Calcium (as Calcium Citrate and Dicalcium Malate) 150mg / 15%
Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate and Dimagnesium Malate) 150mg / 38%
Zinc (as Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate) 10mg / 67%
Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 75mcg / 107%
Copper (as Copper (II) Bisglycinate Chelate) 500mcg / 25%
Manganese (as Manganese (II) Bisglycinate Chelate) 5mg / 250%
Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 400mcg / 333%
Molybdenum (as Molybdenum (II) Glycinate Chelate) 50mcg / 67%
Sodium 190mg / 8%
Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 120mg / 3%
Proprietary Blend 20g / **
Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum† 10g / **
Jambolan extract (seed) (Syzgium cumini)† 1.5g / **
Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 1g / **
Glycine 500mg / **
L-Isoleucine 300mg / **
Cinnamon extract (bark) (Cinnamomum cassia)† 250mg / **
Green Tea Phytosome† 200mg / **
(Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) decaffeinated / Phosphatidylcholine complex)
Trans-Resveratrol 50mg / **
Choline Citrate 30mg / **
Vanadyl Sulfate 250mcg / **
Boron (from Bororganic™ Glycine)† 100mcg / **
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2‚000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients: Flavors‚ sunflower oil‚ cocoa powder‚ stevia extract (leaf) (rebaudioside A 97%).
Contains Ingredient derived from soy.
Mix 2 level scoops with 8-10 oz. of water or preferred beverage daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
If pregnant‚ consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product. Tamper Evident use only if bottle is sealed. Store tightly sealed in a cool‚ dry place.
Allergen Caution: Contains ingredient derived from soy (phytosome).
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Artificial Color Free
- Artificial Flavor Free
- Artificial Sweeteners Free
- Corn Free
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Magnesium Stearate Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item
Overall Rating for MediBolic® with Madeglucyl® Vanilla-Cinnamon Flavor - 20.74 oz (588 Grams)
By Suzanne Halverson
from Tacoma, WA
Fantastic only 1 drawback!
MediBolic with Madeglucyl by Thorne Research is a awesome product it works great! One drawback "PRICE" it is for rich people! $139.99 a month!
Pro it works Cons it is to expensive for the people who really need it! And, only 1 flavor! But it is good!
√ I would recommend this item to a friend.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008Please log in to submit a question log in