- MFG # NP062
- UPC # 858394000874
You can believe your eyes! Ocubright is back!
We are pleased to reintroduce Ocubright‚ a stellar botanical-vitamin formula designed to promote healthy visual function. It was reformulated by Dr. Peter D'Adamo to support visual acuity and eye health‚ and it is a blend of six ingredients that have been well-researched for their role in supporting visual health and vitality.
Highlights of the Ocubright formulation include:
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Lutein is a carotenoid typically found in conjunction with zeaxanthin. Studies suggest that high consumption of lutein reduces the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. Foods containing high concentrations of luteins‚ such as broccoli‚ spinach and kale are associated with the greatest eye effects.
- Bilberry: The bilberry leaf and fruit contain powerful anti-oxidants known as anthocynanadins‚ which decrease vascular permeability‚ and have anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effects. Laboratory studies have provided evidence that bilberry consumption enhances the health of the center visual field (macula) of the eye.
- Taurine: Found in high concentrations in the eye‚ Taurine is the most plentiful amino acid in the retina of all animal species. Taurine has multiple functions in maintaining normal retinal structure and function. Taurine deficiency has been linked to retinal degeneration.
- Zinc: Zinc is an essential trace element. One of the most important roles it plays is in the maintenance of vision. It is present in high concentrations in the eye‚ particularly in the retina and choroid. Zinc deficiency can alter vision‚ and severe deficiency causes changes in the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
- Copper: An essential trace mineral‚ copper is widely distributed in foods‚ particularly seafood‚ nuts‚ seeds‚ wheat bran cereals‚ and grain products. As zinc can inhibit copper absorption in the body‚ a small amount of copper has been added to the formulation to maintain healthy copper levels.
- Eyebright (Euphrasia): Its medicinal properties include antibacterial and astringent properties‚ and it has long been used by Western herbalists as an eyewash to soothe burning and tired eyes.
The synergistic actions of the six ingredients in Ocubright provide general eye health‚ sharpness of vision‚ and provide protection from photodamage.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 60
Amount per Serving / % DVƗ
Zinc (from Zinc Picolinate) 15 mg / 100
Copper (from Copper Picolinate) 2 mg / 100
Eyebright Herb (Euphrasia spp.) 125 mg / *
Bilberry Fruit 5:1 Extract 100 mg / *
L-Taurine 100 mg / *
Lutein 12.5 mg / *
Zeaxanthin 0.75 mg / *
Ɨ - % Daily Value.
* - Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose‚ Magnesium Citrate‚ L-Leucine and Silicon Dioxide.
This 100% vegetarian product contains no sugar‚ salt‚ gluten‚ wheat‚ yeast‚ corn‚ soy‚ eggs or dairy‚ no preservatives‚ color or flavors‚ and no artificial ingredients.
‡ This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose‚ treat‚ cure or prevent any disease.
Take 2 capsules‚ twice daily with food as a dietary supplement‚ or as directed by a physician.
Consult a healthcare professional before use.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Corn Free
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- GMP Certification
- Preservative Free
- Salt Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Vegetarian Product
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
- Artificial Ingredients Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008Please log in to submit a question log in