- MFG # 504051
- UPC # 363824015699
Sometimes‚ when you’re sick‚ you’re really sick. A cold or the flu‚ sore throat‚ stuffy nose‚ fever. You name it‚ you’ve got it. But fast-acting relief is here with Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold‚ Flu & Sore Throat. It’s cold‚ flu and sore throat relief in a single dose.
Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold‚ Flu & Sore Throat:
- Relieves headache‚ fever & sore throat.
- Controls cough.
- Relieves nasal & chest congestion.
- Thins & loosens mucus.
- Maximum Strength Formula.
Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- Nasal congestion.
- Sinus congestion and pressure.
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation.
- Minor aches and pains.
- Sore throat.
- Temporarily reduces fever.
- Temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage.
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Active ingredients (in each 20 mL) / Purpose
Acetaminophen 650 mg / Pain reliever/fever reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg / Cough suppressant
Guaifenesin 400 mg / Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg / Nasal decongestant
Inactive Ingredients: Anhydrous citric acid‚ edetate disodium‚ FD&C Blue #1‚ FD&C Red #40‚ flavors‚ glycerin‚ propylene glycol‚ propyl gallate‚ purified water‚ sodium benzoate‚ sorbitol‚ sucralose‚ trisodium citrate dihydrate*‚ xanthan gum.
*may contain this ingredient.
Adults and children 12 years and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours.
Children under 12 years of age: Do not use.
- Do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning).
- Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period.
- Measure only with dosing cup provided.
- Do not use dosing cup with other products.
- Dose as follows or as directed by a doctor.
- ML = milliliter.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen.
Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 6 doses in 24 hours‚ which is the maximum daily amount.
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen.
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product.
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe‚ persists for more than 2 days‚ is accompanied or followed by fever‚ headache‚ rash‚ nausea or vomiting‚ consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use:
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen‚ ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- For children under 12 years of age.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression‚ psychiatric‚ or emotional conditions‚ or Parkinson’s disease)‚ or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI‚ ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Liver disease.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Thyroid disease.
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland.
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking‚ asthma‚ chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if:
- You are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product: Do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Nervousness‚ dizziness or sleeplessness occur.
- Pain‚ nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days.
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days.
- Redness or swelling is present.
- New symptoms occur.
- Cough comes back‚ or occurs with rash or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding‚ ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose‚ get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Questions? 1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639)
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
- Each 20 mL contains: sodium 12 mg.
- Tamper evident: do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing.
- Store between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
- Do not refrigerate.
- Dosing cup provided.
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item
Overall Rating for Mucinex® Fast-Max™ Cold, Flu & Sore Throat - 9 fl. oz (266 ml)
I tried Mucinex Fast Max Cold Flu & sore Throat by Mucinex when I was sick and had a lot of mucus and for about 5 minutes it worked and after that didn't work at all. I tried taking some more and same thing happened. Maybe it would work for other people but not me.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.