- MFG # 504052
- UPC # 363824190204
Sometimes‚ when you’re sick‚ you’re really sick. A cold or the flu‚ sore throat‚ stuffy nose‚ fever. You name it‚ you’ve got it. But fast-acting relief is here with Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold‚ Flu & Sore Throat. It’s cold‚ flu and sore throat relief in a single dose.
Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold‚ Flu & Sore Throat:
- Relieves headache‚ fever & sore throat.
- Controls cough.
- Relieves nasal & chest congestion.
- Thins & loosens mucus.
- Maximum Strength Formula.
Uses: Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- Nasal congestion.
- Sinus congestion and pressure.
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation.
- Minor aches and pains.
- Sore throat.
- Temporarily reduces fever.
- Temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage.
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Active ingredients (in each caplet) / Purpose
Acetaminophen 325 mg / Pain reliever/fever reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg / Cough suppressant
Guaifenesin 200 mg / Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg / Nasal decongestant
Inactive ingredients croscarmellose sodium‚ crospovidone‚ FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake‚ magnesium stearate‚ microcrystalline cellulose‚ polyethylene glycol‚ polyvinyl alcohol‚ povidone‚ talc‚ titanium dioxide.
Adults and children 12 years and older: Take 2 caplets every 4 hours.
Children under 12 years of age: Do not use.
Do not take more than directed. (see Overdose warning). Do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour period.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen.
Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 6 doses in 24 hours‚ which is the maximum daily amount.
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen.
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe‚ persists for more than 2 days‚ is accompanied or followed by fever‚ headache‚ rash‚ nausea or vomiting‚ consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use:
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen‚ ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- For children under 12 years of age.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression‚ psychiatric‚ or emotional conditions‚ or Parkinson’s disease)‚ or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI‚ ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Liver disease.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Thyroid disease.
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland.
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking‚ asthma‚ chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Nervousness‚ dizziness or sleeplessness occur.
- Pain‚ nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days.
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days.
- Redness or swelling is present.
- New symptoms occur.
- Cough comes back‚ or occurs with rash or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding‚ ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose Warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose‚ get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Tamper Evident: Do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing.
Store between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Questions? 1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639).
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or have any medical condition, consult your doctor before use. Your healthcare professional is the best source for guidance before beginning an exercise or nutritional supplement program.Please log in to submit a question log in