- MFG # 6107
- UPC # KR1088
- Natural Beta carotene—a carotenoid derived from plants that gives carrots their bright orange color‚ and which your converts into vitamin A.
- Natural Alpha carotene—another plant-sourced plant-sourced carotenoid and antioxidant that your body turns into vitamin A; yellow-orange and dark green vegetables are rich in alpha-carotene.
- Lutein (from marigolds)—a carotenoid vitamin related to beta carotene and vitamin A‚ which your body uses to protect your eyes from sun damage; lutein may work to prevent age-related macular degeneration‚ and might be useful if you have retinitis pigmentosa.
- Lycopene—a carotenoid that gives vegetables like tomatoes their red color; it’s a powerful antioxidant.
Mixed cartenoids are a group of over 500 compounds found in fruits and vegetables. Your body converts less than 10 percent of the mixed carotenoids you consume into vitamin A. Since this vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that protects your body against cell damage caused by free radicals‚ you need to get as much of it as possible. Your body uses vitamin A for the health and maintenance of your bones‚ reproductive‚ and immune systems. This nutrient plays an especially important role in the health of your eyes.
Vitamin A can be found in both plant and animal sources. The best plant sources of vitamin A are carrots‚ butternut squash‚ cantaloupe‚ kale‚ mangoes‚ pumpkins‚ spinach‚ and sweet potatoes. The richest animal source of vitamin A is liver. Vitamin A deficiency can cause night blindness‚ which can become permanent if left untreated. People with vitamin A deficiency‚ which is rare in the United States‚ are also vulnerable to infections.
Vitamin A is fat soluble‚ so eating too much of it at one time can cause toxicity. Mixed carotenoids from vegetables‚ which are used in food supplements like Karuna Health’s Mixed Carotenoids Capsules‚ are water-soluble‚ so toxicity from them is relatively uncommon.
The cartenoids in this supplement include:
Each bottle of Mixed Carotenoids by Karuna Health contains 30 capsules‚ which is enough to last for up to one month‚ depending on your dosage.
Karuna Health is proud to celebrate over 30 years of responsible nutrition. Karuna Health is committed to providing its customers with high quality herbal and nutritional supplements. Most of Karuna Health's capsules are also vegetarian friendly‚ and the ingredients contained in them comply with FDA Supplement Facts requirements.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
Natural Beta-carotene 25‚000 IU / *
Natural Alpha-carotene 4750 IU / *
Lutein (from marigolds) 5mg / *
Lycopene (from tomatoes) 2.5mg / *
Zeaxanthin 246mcg / *
Cryptoxanthin 8mcg / *
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
Vegetarian capsule‚ cellulose‚ and magnesium stearate.
One capsule daily with meals‚ or as directed by your health care practitioner
Keep in a cool‚ dry place tightly capped.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Artificial Color Free
- Artificial Flavor Free
- Corn Free
- Milk Free
- Salt Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
- Artificial Preservative Free
- Vegetarian Capsules
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.