- MFG # 0200361.001
- UPC # 026664236111
A dietary supplement to support normal sleep. Each serving contains 3 mg of the highest quality synthetic Melatonin in a liposomal delivery system.
What is Melatonin?
• Melatonin is the principle hormone produced and secreted by the brain’s pineal gland and is responsible for maintaining circadian rhythm (the body’s biological clock)‚ regulating the endocrine (hormone) system and supporting the immune system.
• The level of melatonin produced by the body is heavily influenced by sunlight. At night‚ the secretion of melatonin is much higher than during the day. When this process is interrupted‚ certain symptoms
can occur such as disruptions in the sleep/wake cycle‚ headaches‚ mental and physical fatigue and irritability.
Why is Melatonin important?
• Low levels of melatonin could result in poor sleep patterns‚ low mood‚ delayed sleep phase syndrome‚ insomnia associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder‚ irritability‚ learning disorders‚ poor concentration‚ seasonal affective disorder‚ menstrual disturbances and headaches.
• Melatonin plays an important role in when we fall asleep and when we wake up. Darkness stimulates the release of melatonin and light suppresses its activity. Normal melatonin cycles are disrupted
when we are exposed to excessive light in the evening or too little light during the daytime.
• Melatonin supports sleep onset and quality of sleep and increased Rapid Eye Movement time‚ deep sleep and dreaming. These changes demonstrate better quality sleep‚ which produces greater mental‚ physical and emotional rejuvenation. Melatonin can decrease the amount of time required to fall asleep‚ increase the number of sleeping hours and support daytime alertness.
Jet Lag and Rotating Shift Work
• Jet lag and rotating shift work can interfere with the body’s natural circadian rhythm. Melatonin supports quality sleep and balanced circadian rhythms in people with disrupted circadian rhythms (such as those suffering from jet lag or poor vision or those who work the night shift) and those with low melatonin levels (such as some elderly).
• Melatonin is also one of the hormones that controls the timing and release of female reproductive hormones. It helps determine when menstruation begins‚ the frequency and duration of menstrual cycles‚ and when menopause begins. It’s a powerful regulator of sex hormone production and can effect mood‚ immunity‚ reproduction and bone health. Melatonin supplements may benefit menopausal women by supporting and sustaining sleep and by supporting osteoblasts that support bone health.
Immune and Antioxidant Support
• Melatonin has strong antioxidant properties and helps support immune system strength. As an antioxidant it is 6 to 10 times more potent than vitamin E and is one of the few antioxidants that can enter the mitochondria to protect it from free radical damage.
• Some people experience a depressed mood when the low sunlight levels (winter) are not sufficient for their pineal glands to decrease melatonin production to its normal low daytime level. Melatonin supplementation can support mood balance seasonally or in times of low mood.
Liposomal Delivery System
A Liposomal liquid delivery system allows for flexible‚ convenient dosing of Melatonin in order to address individual requirements. Liposomal technology helps to maintain the health benefits of Melatonin by protecting it from the degradative environment of the stomach. This is especially beneficial for patients who have had gastric bypass or general gastro-intestinal dysfunction. Liposomal encapsulation of ingredients represents a new delivery system that appears to offer important advantages over existing methods of delivery.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: 2 Sprays (0.4 ml)
Servings Per Container: 75
Amount Per Serving / % DV
Melatonin 3mg / *
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Glycerin‚ water‚ pectin‚ medium chain triglycerides‚ sunflower lecithin‚ citric acid‚ orange oil‚ rosemarinic acid.
As a dietary supplement‚ hold nozzle 1" from mouth‚ spray twice and swallow‚ or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Shake well before each use.
This product should not be taken by adolescents‚ pregnant or lactating women‚ persons taking cortisone‚ or persons with kidney disease. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool‚ dry place.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Gluten Free
- Rice Free
- Soy Free
- Vegetarian Product
- No Added Yeast
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item
Overall Rating for Melatonin Spray (Liposomal) - 1 oz (30 ml)
By Lori F.
from New York, NY
The first time I took Melatonin by DaVinci Labs I was not in bed and felt a bit off kilter.. which is why I ONLY now take it while in bed. It did make me sleepy and relaxed.. No need for the ambien since.
√ I would recommend this item to a friend.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008Please log in to submit a question.