- MFG # 106600
- UPC # 816663009102
Optimizing bone mass through adequate calcium and mineral consumption and regular weight-bearing physical activities is one of the surest ways to achieve bone health. Bone mass refers to the potential for a strong bone structure which supports the various roles of healthy bones-providing structure‚ protecting organs‚ anchoring muscles‚ and storing calcium. It is built until young adult age where it may begin to decline later in life‚ and is affected by various factors (genetic and behavior):
Bone Health Factors
Do you have:
1) A diet low in calcium and Vitamin D?
2) Are you Asian or Caucasian?
3) Have you or a member of your family broken a bone as an adult?
4) Have you had an early menopause?
5) Have you been taking high doses of thyroid medication or high doses for more than 3 months of cortisone-type drugs?
6) Are you physically inactive?
7) Do you smoke or drink alcohol to excess?
If you answered "YES" to any of the above questions‚ review the four steps for healthy bones.
4 Steps for Healthy Bones:
1) Make sure your diet is rich in calcium and vitamin D.
2) Do weight-bearing and resistance -training exercises.
3) Stop smoking and avoid excessive use of alcohol.
4) Talk to your healthcare practitioner about having a bone density test and your risks for osteoporosis.
Calcium and Magnesium Sources for Healthy Bones:
A normal‚ healthy bone structure is slightly porous with healthy tissue. This allows it to resist bone fractures‚ typically of the wrist‚ hip‚ and spine‚ which affects millions in the United States‚ with a majority of these occurring in people over the age 65.
Calcium and other minerals are needed by the body for healthy bones‚ teeth‚ and proper function of the heart‚ muscles‚ and nerves. Since the body cannot produce calcium‚ it must be absorbed through good food sources such as dairy and dark green leafy vegetables‚ or through dietary supplements. When combined with Vitamin D‚ absorption of calcium and other minerals is enhanced. Please see chart for the recommended Calcium intake by age groups:
Recommended Calcium Needs by Age Group:
Age / Calcium (mg /day)
0-6 months / 210
7-12 months / 270
1-3 years / 500
4-8 years / 800
9-18 years /1300
19-50 years / 1000
51 + years / 1200
Magnesium is also essential for bone health‚ as a majority of it is contained in our bones and teeth. It plays an important role in enzymatic reactions (including energy and cardiovascular function)‚ muscle relaxation (calcium stimulates muscle contraction)‚ and heart health by reducing artery spasms. As a component of chlorophyll in plants‚ dark green vegetables are a good food source‚ as well as nuts‚ seeds‚ legumes‚ soy products‚ avocadoes‚ and dried apricots. However‚ some methods of food preparation (such as soaking and boiling) will cause the food to loose the magnesium.
Weight-bearing physical activities cause muscles and bones to work against gravity‚ resulting in strong bones and peak bone mass. Regular weight-bearing physical activities include:
- Walking‚ jogging‚ or running
- Tennis or racquetball
- Field hockey
- Stair climbing
- Weight lifting
- Jumping rope
Adults should moderately engage in such activity at least 30 minutes each day‚ and children should moderately engage in at least 60 minutes per day.
Coral Complete Provides Benefits for Healthy Bones:
- Calcium bioavailability found in eco-friendly‚ above sea fossilized Caribbean coral.
- Vitamins and Minerals — Coral Complete provides you with a boost of Vitamin C and D. It also delivers naturally occurring trace minerals from the coral‚ which further supports healthy bone.
- Other Important Ingredients: Malic Acid and Betaine Hydrochloride (HCI)‚ serve as digestive aids that assist in releasing acid into the digestive tract‚ supporting digestion and the absorption of this crucial mineral‚ calcium.
- Coral Complete can be taken at any time of day‚ but for optimum results‚ evening use is preferred. Take two Coral Complete capsules with an evening meal or at bedtime.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Serving Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving / % Daily Value*
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 10 mg / 16%
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 400 IU / 100%
Calcium (from coral) 400 mg / 40%
Magnesium (from coral) 1.2 mg / <1%
Proprietary Blend10 mg
Malic Acid *
Betaine HCl *
* Daily Values are based on a 2‚000 calorie diet.
* Percent Daily Values (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose‚ vegetable pullulan
Coral Complete can be taken anytime of day‚ but for optimum results‚ evening use is preferred. Take 2 Coral Complete capsules with an evening meal or at bedtime.
Keep out of reach of children. Pregnant or nursing mothers‚ or if under medical care‚ consult health practitioner prior to use.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Gluten Free
- Made in the USA
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008Please log in to submit a question.