- MFG # AST060
- UPC # 879452003958
Astaxanthin is an extremely powerful carotenoid from the microalgae haematococcus pluvialis‚ one of the richest sources of natural astaxanthin. It is reddish in pigment and is what gives crustaceans such as krill‚ lobster‚ and shrimp their vibrant pink color. Astaxanthin is considered to be substantially stronger than all other well-researched antioxidants‚ including vitamin C‚ vitamin E‚ CoQ10‚ lipoic acid‚ and beta carotene.
This product offers 6 mg of astaxanthin per softgel from AstaREAL®‚ a registered brand of astaxanthin where the carotenoid is extracted directly from microalgae using a solvent-free technology that ensures maximum control and purity and allows for optimal bioavailability and stability.
Astaxanthin is a uniquely structured‚ long-chain molecule which enables it to provide superior membrane protection and help shield against oxidative stress. It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties‚ most likely due to its antioxidant activities‚ as it helps to inhibit the formation of certain pro-inflammatory mediators.
Benefits of astaxanthin may include:
- Cardiovascular and neuroprotective properties – shown to have a positive effect on cholesterol and lipid metabolism‚ and helps to inhibit the progression of atherosclerosis. Astaxanthin may help to protect against hypertension and stroke.
- Metabolic syndrome – in addition to supporting lipid metabolism‚ animal studies show that astaxanthin supports insulin sensitivity‚ as it works by increasing glucose uptake‚ thus reducing fasting blood glucose levels (the homeostatic index of insulin resistance)
- Eye health – shown to help lessen eye strain by reducing inflammation‚ improving accommodation (the ability of the eye to automatically adjust its focal length) and increasing blood flow
- Skin health – works to protect against UVA-induced aging‚ helping to maintain a healthy appearance and defend against premature signs of aging
- Sports performance –helps reduce exercise-induced damage in skeletal and heart muscle‚ and also helps to improve endurance by increasing the use of fatty acids as an energy source
- Gastric health –may be useful in various GI conditions‚ in particular with H. pylori‚ where symptoms of this infection include high levels of oxidative stress and inflammation in the stomach lining accompanied by gastric pain and reflux
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Amount Per Serving / % DV
Natural Astaxanthin (AstaREAL®) (From Haematococcus pulvialis algae extract) 6mg / *
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Olive oil‚ gelatin‚ glycerine‚ purified water.
Does not contain gluten.
As a dietary supplement‚ take one softgel per day‚ or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Store in a cool‚ dry place.
Notice: Color‚ size or shape may appear different between lots.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Gluten Free
- GMO Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or have any medical condition, consult your doctor before use. Your healthcare professional is the best source for guidance before beginning an exercise or nutritional supplement program.Please log in to submit a question log in