- MFG # 2654
- UPC # 859447002654
Omega-3 fatty acids‚ also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs)‚ are essential fatty acids that are implicated in several bodily functions. However‚ the body cannot make these fatty acids‚ making it necessary to get the required amounts from food (e.g. fatty fish) or supplementation. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish‚ such as salmon‚ cod‚ tuna‚ and halibut‚ other seafood including algae and krill‚ some plants‚ and nut oils.
Although Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in supporting healthy cardiovascular function and are popular for their ability to help manage risk of heart disease‚ they are also extremely important for brain function as well as normal growth and development.
Ethyl Ester (EE) versus Triglyceride (TG) forms of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
Most fish oil supplements are either available in Ethyl Ester form or the Triglyceride form. Structurally‚ the major difference between the two forms is that in Ethyl Ester‚ the fatty acids (EPA & DHA) are esterified to an ethanol backbone‚ while in TG‚ the fatty acids are esterified to a glycerol alcohol backbone; there are absolutely no differences in the two forms of fish oil in terms of stability. The vast majority of clinical studies examining supplemental Omega-3s have been performed on the Ethyl Ester form and results from studies comparing the relative bioavailability of the EE form versus the TG form have found increased bioavailability of the TG form in the short-term (2 weeks)‚ but this difference disappears when fish oil is routinely supplemented and a steady state has been achieved over a longer period of time.
The scientific evidence currently available does not point to any significant differences between the two forms in terms of bioavailability or health benefits when taken over extended periods of time (which is the norm for most individuals) and the decision to supplement with the TG form versus the EE form is‚ in most cases‚ a matter of personal preference and experience.
Balancing the Omega-3 to Omega-6 Ratio.
It is important to note that the typical American diet tends to contain 14 - 25 times more Omega-6 fatty acids than Omega-3 fatty acids‚ which many nutritionally oriented physicians consider to be way too high on the Omega-6 side. The high consumption of Omega-6 either from diet and/or supplementation is problematic because Omega-6 fatty acids are pro-inflammatory and excess consumption of these fatty acids can lead to health conditions for which inflammation is a risk factor. Consuming enough Omega-3 fatty acids‚ on the other hand‚ is necessary to balance the pro-inflammatory action of the Omega-6 Fatty Acids and is crucial to achieving and maintaining optimal health.
Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Help support healthy cholesterol levels.
- Help support blood pressure and overall cardiovascular health.
- Help support cognitive health.
- Help support joint health.
- Help support healthy vision.
- Help support emotional wellness.
The Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold™ Advantage.
- Premium fish oil concentrate providing the highest potencies of EPA and DHA currently available without a prescription.
- Pharmaceutical grade fish oil concentrate made from IFOS 5-Star Certified Fish Oil.
IFOS 5-Star Certified for Concentration‚ Oxidation‚ PCBs‚ Dioxins‚ & Heavy Metals.
- Meets or exceeds standards set forth by the Global Organization for EPA & DHA (GOED) and the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) standards for purity and potency.
- Contains minimum 600 mg of the essential EPA and DHA fatty acids in each 1‚000 mg softgel - two times more Omega-3 fatty acids than most other brands of Fish oil.
- Fish oil concentrate is sourced from certified sustainable wild-caught Pacific fish (Cod‚ Pollack) found in deep‚ cold‚ pure Alaskan Ocean waters.
- Moleculary distilled and guaranteed by a third-party lab to be free of heavy metals (lead‚ mercury)‚ Dioxins‚ PCB‚ and toxins.
- Verified free of allergens by an independent‚ third-party lab.
- Verified free of GMOs by an independent‚ third-party lab specializing in GMO testing.
- Best of all‚ Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold™ is 100% product of the USA.
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
Servings per Container: 90
Amount per Serving / % DV*
Calories from Fat 18
Total Fat 2 g / 4%
Saturated Fat 0 g / 0%
Trans Fat 0 g / ƚ
Cholesterol 0 g / 0%
Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil Concentrate Weight / Volumen%
(Molecularly Distilled‚ Ultra Purified)
Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids § 1‚400 mg / 76%
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) 800 mg / 44%
DHA( Docosahexaenoic acid) 400 mg / 22%
Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids 200 mg / 10%
* Percent Daily Values (% DV) are based on a 2‚000 calories diet.
ƚ Daily Value not established.
§ Expressed as Triglycerides.
Ingredients: Purified Fish Oil (from MSC- certified sustainable‚ wild-caught‚ US Whitefish such as Walleye Pollock and/or North Pacific Whiting from Alaskan Deep Ocean Waters)‚ Softgel Capsule (Kosher Bovine Gelatin‚ Vegetable Glycerin‚ Purified Water)‚ Natural Mixed Tocopherols.
Does not contain artificial ingredients‚ stereates‚ Sulfates‚ Laurates and Dioxides.
Free of eggs‚ milk‚ wheat‚ peanuts and shellfish. Contains a soy derivative (mixed tocopherols)‚ but soy protein allergen has been removed.
As a dietary supplement‚ adults take two (2) softgel capsules daily before a meal‚ or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Consult your doctor before use if you are pregnant‚ nursing‚ or currently taking any medications. Individuals consuming more than 3 g (3000 mg) of Omega-3 fatty acids per day from supplements should only do so under a physician's care. Store in a cool‚ dry place and out of direct sunlight. Although not required‚ this product can be refrigerated to help maintain freshness and potency. Keep out of the reach of children.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Egg Free
- Milk Free
- Peanut Free
- Shellfish Free
- Wheat Free
- Made In The Usa
- Artificial Ingredients Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item
Overall Rating for Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold 1000 mg 180 Softgels
Displaying reviews 1-1 of 1
from Coral Gables, FL
Triglyceride Omega 3
This stuff is great for joint and eye health. It reduces inflammation.
√ I would recommend this item to a friend.
Displaying reviews 1-1 of 1
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.