- MFG # 68203
- UPC # 061998682036
Boost your Digestion with Swedish Bitters!
Our ancestors commonly consumed a diet that included ample bitter herbs and vegetables‚ which helped them maintain efficient digestive systems. Despite having four different taste buds on the surface of our tongues to discern taste (sour‚ sweet‚ salty and bitter)‚ today’s modern diet is virtually void of bitter substances. Thanks to Austrian herbalist Maria Treben’s rediscovery of a centuries old elixir that was once an integral part of European folk medicine‚ we now have the blessing of a potent digestive tonic with its stimulating bitter element.
The original bitters recipe dates back to the 16th century‚ when it was created by the famous physician Paracelsus. It wasn’t until 1850‚ when Dr. Claus Samst of Sweden refined‚ researched and confirmed its restorative benefits that it was given the name Swedish Bitters. He was a zealous believer in the potion and consumed it himself‚ living to the ripe old age of 104. Maria Treben is credited with placing the formula in the modern spotlight through her best-selling book Health Through God’s Pharmacy.
Maria’s original Swedish Bitters represents the essence of skill‚ knowledge and experience in producing the finest quality herbal bitters. Only premium ingredients have been selected to achieve the highest quality and potency. They are ideal to use before meals to stimulate digestion or after meals to lessen feelings of fullness or gas.
1) Each serving size (1 tsp) contains a proprietary blend 426 mg of alcohol extracts of: Angelica root‚ Zedoary root‚ Aloe Vera leaf juice‚ Senna leaf‚ Rhubarb root‚ Manna sap‚ Myrrh resin‚ Carline thistle root‚ Camphor wood‚ Cinnamon bark‚ Valerian root‚ Cardamom seed and Saffron flower.
2) Made with only premium quality and tested herbal ingredients.
3) Free of additives.
4) Packaged in environmentally-friendly amber glass bottles.
5) A well established‚ time proven formula.
6) Also available without alcohol.
1) Traditionally used in herbal medicine as a digestive tonic and mild laxative.
2) Stimulates the liver to produce more bile for enhanced digestion.
3) Helps stimulate the stomach and gall bladder.
4) The salivary glands are activated to increase secretion.
5) Eases constipation and regulates bowel movements.
6) Reduces bloating and gas.
7) Supports healthy circulation and also promotes physical and mental energy.
Serving Size: 1 tsp (5 ml)
Servings per Container: 20
Amount per Serving % DV*
Proprietary Blend containing 8.7 g dried herb per 100 ml alcohol extracts of: †
Aloe juice‚ angelica root‚ manna resin‚ rhubarb root‚ senna leaf‚ zedoary root‚ theriac venezian root‚ carline thistle root‚ myrrh resin‚ camphor resin‚ saffron style.
* % Daily Value are based on a 2‚000 calorie diet.
†Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Filtered water‚ alcohol (39%).
Shake well before use. Take 1 teaspoon (5 ml) up to four times a day. May be diluted with water or herbal tea.
EXTERNALLY: Use in a compress to soothe the skin‚ insect bites and burning or sores.
Application: Cover area with fat-based cream; apply gauze or cotton saturated with bitters. Cover with plastic and secure with bandage.
Store in a cool‚ dry place and use within six weeks of opening for best quality.
Do not take for extended‚ uninterrupted periods‚ as the digestive system becomes accustomed to its use‚ and renders it less effective. Take a break after 2-3 months for 2-3 weeks. No known side effects. Occasional reddish discoloration of urine is harmless.
Do not use if there is severe liver dysfunction or blockage of bowels. This product contains senna leaves. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea‚ loose stools‚ or abdominal pain. If you are pregnant‚ nursing‚ taking medication or have a medical condition‚ consult your physician before using this product.
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008