- MFG # 0460-454
- UPC # KM1200
Kirkman® is pleased to offer this comprehensive nutritional supplement that incorporates a wide spectrum of vitamins‚ minerals and other nutritional factors. Many parents find it difficult to give their child a multitude of different supplements daily or several times a day‚ and other parents are unsure of which nutritional supplement regimen to follow. Some parents may be waiting for laboratory or physician's reports that will eventually be a guide to a supplement program. In this case‚ a broad-spectrum dietary supplement is suggested in the interim. Spectrum Complete™ Powder helps solve all of these issues .
Spectrum Complete™ II also offers an alternative to Kirkman's Super Nu-Thera® product line that contains higher dosages of vitamin B-6. Some children do not respond to the high B-6 or to Super Nu-Thera®‚ in general‚ but those individuals still need a very comprehensive‚ high quality supplement. Spectrum Complete™ fills that role with nutrients in highly absorbable forms. Those parents who want to use Spectrum Complete™ and who also want higher B-6 levels can supplement with additional B-6 or pyridoxal 5-phosphate.
Summarizing the above discussion‚ Spectrum Complete™ II should find valuable application in the following situations:
• Parents new to supplementation who want to start with one comprehensive product.
• Compliance situations where parents find it very difficult to get multiple supplements into their children.
• When parents are awaiting laboratory and/or physician's reports to guide them in setting up a supplement
• When high vitamin B-6 products such as Super Nu-Thera® are not effective.
• As a comprehensive foundation to supplementation‚ to which other products can be added per testing results
or a doctor's instructions.
• As an alternative to less complete products being offered by other supplement companies.
What are the unique properties of Spectrum Complete™ II and what are the ingredients that make it so comprehensive?
Spectrum Complete™ contains all of the B-vitamins‚ fat-soluble vitamins‚ and minerals children require. Other specialty nutrients are also present. Some of the unique potencies‚ ingredients and properties of Spectrum Complete™ are:
• A full spectrum of immune supporting ingredients‚ including vitamin C‚ vitamin E‚ zinc‚ selenium‚
coenzyme Q10‚ and beta glucan.
• Pro-vitamin A from mixed carotenoids‚ as well as the regular standard form‚ vitamin A acetate. These mixed
carotenoids consist of beta-carotene‚ lutein and zeaxanthan‚ which are powerful antioxidants and free radical
scavengers. It is important to also include a substantial amount of non-carotenoid vitamin A‚ such as the
• In addition to beta-carotene‚ lutein and zeaxanthan‚ the powerful antioxidants coenzyme Q10 and grapeseed
extract are present.
• Choline‚ which is essential in the manufacture of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
• Inositol‚ taurine and glycine‚ which are required for liver support. Inositol is also necessary for proper nerve‚
brain‚ and muscle function.
• Taurine and glycine help maintain the neurotransmitters in the brain and produce a calming effect on the
• Glycine is needed by the body to stimulate glutathione production.
• Molybdenum‚ which is important in sulfur metabolism and may help support the PST system. Molybdenum
may also be important in supporting healthy copper levels.
• Selenium‚ which is included for its immune supporting properties
• Chromium picolinate‚ which is included as a chromium source.
• DMAE‚ which is included to aid in focusing.
• Higher vitamin B-12 potencies are present. Since vitamin B-12 is a water-soluble nutrient that does not
accumulate to toxic levels in the body‚ Kirkman® feels this higher level of B-12 is warranted.
Will I need to use any other supplements with Spectrum Complete™ II ?
This depends on your child‚ your child's diet‚ and the nutritional regimen agreed upon with your child's physician. Individuals on a casein free diet will require extra calcium to bring daily intakes up to 800-1000 mg. daily.
Kirkman® does not include any herbal components in Spectrum Complete™ II. Though some herbs do have a place in supplementation‚ clinical studies are incomplete. Additionally‚ since herbs are natural products grown in varying environmental conditions‚ the potential for certain individuals to be sensitive to a given herb is too great‚ in our opinion. We feel herbs should be supplemented on an individual basis.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: 1 level teaspoon (5 gms)
Amount Per Serving / % DV
Vitamin A (natural mixed carotenoids) 250 IU / 5%
Vitamin A (acetate) 1750 IU / 35%
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid and mineral ascorbates) 300mg / 500%
Vitamin D-3 400 IU / 100%
Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 30 IU / 100%
Vitamin B-1 (thiamine hydrochloride) 5mg / 333%
Vitamin B-2 (as riboflavin phosphate coenzyme) 7mg / 411%
Niacinamide 20mg / 100%
Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine HCI) 5mg / 250%
Folic Acid 135mcg / 33%
Vitamin B-12 170mg / 2833%
Biotin 100mcg / 33%
Pantothenic Acid (d-calcium pantothenate) 10mg / 100%
Iodine (potassium iodide) 150mcg / 100%
Calcium (bis/glycinate and carbonate complex) 280mg / 28%
Magnesium (citrate and ascorbate) 200mg / 50%
Zinc (sulfate) 20mg / 133%
Selenium (amino acid chelate) 70mcg / 100%
Manganese (sulfate) 2mg / 100%
Chromium (chelate) 50mcg / 41%
Molybdenum (Amino Acid chelate) 100mcg / 133%
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (B-6 coenzyme) 5mg / *
DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate) 50mg / *
Choline Citrate 25mg / *
Inositol 25mg / *
L-Taurine 100mg / *
Glycine 75mg / *
Coenzyme Q10 25mg / *
Grapeseed Extract 10mg / *
Beta Glucan (1‚3 / 1‚6) 20mg / *
Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid 300mg / *
*Daily Value not established.
Magnesium Citrate‚ Calcium carbonate‚ calcium chelate‚ alpha ketoglutaric acid‚ ascorbic acid‚ L-taurine‚ zinc sulfate‚ glycine‚ vitamin E acetate (dl)‚ cyanocobalamin‚ DMAE‚ silicon dioxide‚ choline citrate‚ inositol‚ CoQ10‚ Niacinamide‚ beta glucan‚ riboflavin phosphate‚ grapeseed extract‚ natural mixed carotenoids‚ mannitol‚ magnesium ascorbate‚ d-calcium pantothenate‚ pyridoxine hydrochloride‚ thiamine hydrochloride‚ di-calcium phosphate‚ biotin‚ pyridoxal-5-phosphate‚ potassium ascorbate‚ vitamin A acetate‚ manganese sulfate‚ molybdenum chelate‚ selenium chelate‚ chromium chelate‚ Vitamin D-3‚ Folic Acid‚ Potassium Iodide‚ Natural pina-colada flavor.
Casein‚ gluten‚ soy‚ yeast‚ milk‚ sucrose‚ preservatives‚ flavorings‚ colorings‚ gelatin‚ egg‚ peanuts‚ tree nuts or fish.
Children 20-25 lbs 1/2 teaspoon daily
Children 26-60 pounds 1 teaspoon daily
Children 61-75 pounds 1 1/2 teaspoons daily
Children 76-120 pounds 2 teaspoons daily
Larger children and adults 2 1/2-3 teaspoons daily
Store in a cool dry place.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Casein Free
- Fungicide Free
- Gluten Free
- GMP Certification
- Herbicide Free
- Soy Free
- Yeast Free
- Mold Free
- Milk Free
- Tree Nuts Free
- Peanut Free
- Fish Free
- Artificial Color Free
- Artificial Flavor Free
- Wheat Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item
Overall Rating for Spectrum Complete II Powder Flavored 16 oz (454 Grams)
Displaying reviews 1-1 of 1
from SCOTTVILLE, MI
I purchased Spectrum Complete II Powder for my 4 year old upon advice from his doctor. I have no doubt that it is a high quality product but he would not take it easily. He seems to prefer the more expensive liquid variety.
√ I would recommend this item to a friend.
Displaying reviews 1-1 of 1