|MFG # 10563|
UPC # 683268105634
Official Website: http://montiff.com
WHAT IS CYSTEINE?
• Cysteine is a conditionally indispensable sulfur amino acid. Although it is formed in the body from Methionine, insufficient amounts are synthesized - even in healthy individuals. Severely traumatized patients, and specially
burn patients, require increased amounts of Cysteine for metabolic -nutritional needs. Cysteine is a constituent of Glutathione and Coenzyme A, a precursor for Taurine, and converts to Cystine in the body, which is made up of two Cysteine molecules. Since Cysteine is more reactive than Cystine, it is generally more often recommended for biochemical support.
• Cysteine has antioxidant properties reacting with free radicals and peroxides, and chelating with heavy metals. It helps detoxify the liver and protects the liver and brain, and possibly the kidneys and bladder as well, from the harmful toxic compounds in alcohol, drugs, cigarette smoke, & radiation and chemical therapy. (N-Acetyl- LCysteine given to those taking chemotherapy -in doses of 1-2 grams per day- helped prevent against nausea and vomiting).
• Cysteine, part of the Cystine molecule, is found in alpha-keratin, the main protein in hair, skin and nails, and it is involved in cartilage and collagen production for healthy joints and youthful skin.
• Deficiencies have been noted in those with food and chemical sensitivities, and when the body is under severe stress with increased catabolic rates. Low levels of Cysteine are often noted in these patients and they have insufficient amounts for Glutathione synthesis. Burn patients, and those with sepsis and impaired immune system diseases, have increased oxidative damage to cells, and Glutathione is necessary to help prevent the free radical damage and help improve tissue repair and immune function.
• Cysteine supplementation has had some beneficial effects on children who have the rare, congenital sun-sensitive disorder called Erythropoietic Porphyria. These individuals have exceptional photosensitivity and have been administered L-Cysteine in place of beta-carotene with positive results.
• Oral supplementation has been more effective than parental administration in raising Cysteine levels.
• Because this is a highly reactive compound, L-Cysteine should be stored in a dark glass container to protect its integrity. Montiff supplies L-Cysteine in brown glass bottles.
• Vitamin B-6 is necessary for proper metabolism and Vitamins B-12 and Folic acid are important to prevent the abnormal metabolite Homocysteine from forming; therefore a B complex, such as Montiff B-Complete or B-Long is
• Cysteine works best when taken with Vitamin E and Selenium. For those requiring broad-spectrum protection against free radical damage, Montiff Super Antioxidant Formula is recommended, which includes N-Acetyl-LCysteine, Vitamin E, Selenium, Folic acid, B-12, plus Taurine, Glutathione and other important antioxidants.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.