- MFG # 10563
- UPC # 683268105634
WHAT IS CYSTEINE?
• Cysteine is a conditionally indispensable sulfur amino acid. Although it is formed in the body from Methionine‚ insufficient amounts are synthesized - even in healthy individuals. Severely traumatized patients‚ and specially
burn patients‚ require increased amounts of Cysteine for metabolic -nutritional needs. Cysteine is a constituent of Glutathione and Coenzyme A‚ a precursor for Taurine‚ and converts to Cystine in the body‚ which is made up of two Cysteine molecules. Since Cysteine is more reactive than Cystine‚ it is generally more often recommended for biochemical support.
• Cysteine has antioxidant properties reacting with free radicals and peroxides‚ and chelating with heavy metals. It helps detoxify the liver and protects the liver and brain‚ and possibly the kidneys and bladder as well‚ from the harmful toxic compounds in alcohol‚ drugs‚ cigarette smoke‚ & radiation and chemical therapy. (N-Acetyl- LCysteine given to those taking chemotherapy -in doses of 1-2 grams per day- helped prevent against nausea and vomiting).
• Cysteine‚ part of the Cystine molecule‚ is found in alpha-keratin‚ the main protein in hair‚ skin and nails‚ and it is involved in cartilage and collagen production for healthy joints and youthful skin.
• Deficiencies have been noted in those with food and chemical sensitivities‚ and when the body is under severe stress with increased catabolic rates. Low levels of Cysteine are often noted in these patients and they have insufficient amounts for Glutathione synthesis. Burn patients‚ and those with sepsis and impaired immune system diseases‚ have increased oxidative damage to cells‚ and Glutathione is necessary to help prevent the free radical damage and help improve tissue repair and immune function.
• Cysteine supplementation has had some beneficial effects on children who have the rare‚ congenital sun-sensitive disorder called Erythropoietic Porphyria. These individuals have exceptional photosensitivity and have been administered L-Cysteine in place of beta-carotene with positive results.
• Oral supplementation has been more effective than parental administration in raising Cysteine levels.
• Because this is a highly reactive compound‚ L-Cysteine should be stored in a dark glass container to protect its integrity. Montiff supplies L-Cysteine in brown glass bottles.
• Vitamin B-6 is necessary for proper metabolism and Vitamins B-12 and Folic acid are important to prevent the abnormal metabolite Homocysteine from forming; therefore a B complex‚ such as Montiff B-Complete or B-Long is
• Cysteine works best when taken with Vitamin E and Selenium. For those requiring broad-spectrum protection against free radical damage‚ Montiff Super Antioxidant Formula is recommended‚ which includes N-Acetyl-LCysteine‚ Vitamin E‚ Selenium‚ Folic acid‚ B-12‚ plus Taurine‚ Glutathione and other important antioxidants.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 500 mg 90 caps Pure
Ingredients per capsule:
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 500 mg
Pure L-Cysteine: take 1 capsule daily‚ or as needed‚ with a full glass of water or fruit juice.
It is essential that a B complex‚ such as Montiff B-Complete or B-Long be taken for proper metabolism‚ and to prevent the abnormal metabolite‚ homocysteine. (For Pure N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine take 1-3 capsules daily‚ or as needed‚ as above). To help increase Glutathione levels also take Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA).. Montiff Alpha Lipoic Acid Plus‚ 1-3 capsules daily.
Cysteine is not recommended for diabetics‚ since it may have an effect on insulin production. Those who have Cystinuria‚ a rare genetic disorder involved in the formation of Cystine kidney stone‚ should not take Cysteine.
Cysteine may cause gastric irritation. N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine appears not to cause gastric irritation with sufficient water.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Corn Free
- Gluten Free
- Made In The Usa
- Preservative Free
- Soy Free
- Yeast Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Artificial Color Free
- Artificial Flavor Free
- Binders Free
- Salt Free
- Starch Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free