- MFG # 10820
- UPC # 683268108208
WHAT IS N-ACETYL-L-CARNITINE?
• N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine is the ester form of L-Carnitine‚ which is a naturally occurring amino acid metabolized from Lysine and Methione‚ and synthesized in the human brain‚ liver‚ and kidney by the enzyme ALC-transferase. These molecules are part of the biochemical pathways of the cell system and are esterified in the Kreb’s Cycle. Carnitine is involved in lipid metabolism and helps prevent oxidation of the mitochondria‚ and enhances acetylcholine production. N-Acetyl-LCarnitine supplementation has beneficial effects in the brain & neurological function‚ with positive results in myocardial and tissue ischemia. It also helps lower age related cholesterol levels.
• N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine is involved in preventing age-related effects on the brain protecting neurons from oxidative damage‚ and has helped those with pain due to peripheral neuropathies. Because of the neuroprotective factors‚ studies demonstrate encouraging results in patients with neurodegenerative disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s‚ slowing down the progression of these conditions. It has also been helpful to AIDS patients who have damage to neurons due to this virus.
N-ACETYL-L-CARNITINE AND BRAIN & NERUOLOGICAL FUNCTION
N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine has neuroprotective properties and effects metabolites involved in energy and phospholipid metabolism‚ and may be responsible for a reduction in brain glycolytic flow promoting utilization of alternative energy sources‚ such as lipid substrates or ketone bodies. Supplementation has shown to have a positive effect on age-related changes in the dopaminergic system‚ effecting the striatal dopamine receptors‚ acetylcholine and brain amino acid levels. It may also help prevent progressive loss of myocardial sympathetic nervous function in diabetic patients. Some studies also suggest that N-Acetyl-LCarnitine may also have antidepressant effects.
DIMENTIA AND ALZHEIMER’S
A correlation has been shown between age and N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine‚ since there is a drastic reduction of Carnitine levels in older people. It has antioxidant actions that prevent free radical damage to the neurons‚ thus helping to avert age-related memory problems. Several studies demonstrate that supplementation reduced the progression of senile dementia and Alzheimer’s‚ especially with early-onset patients under 65 who have rapidly progressing symptoms. The pathology of Alzheimer’s involves abnormal brain process of energy resulting in brain cell death. N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine acts as a precursor to acetylcholine‚ helping to enhance brain cell energy and restore membranal changes that are due to age factors.
NEURODEGERNERATION DUE TO AIDS
The AIDS virus tends to destroy neuronal activity in the brain‚ as well as produce peripheral neuropathies with pain. N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine supplementation was effective in helping to prevent membranal deterioration as well as restore the membranal tissue. It also helped reduce painful peripheral neuropathies in AIDS patients.
EFFECTS ON ISCHEMIA
N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine has been shown to be beneficial in preventing myocardial and tissue ischemia.
OTHER POSSIBLE POSITIVE EFFECTS OF N-ACETYL-L-CARNITINE
• CHOLESTEROL - It may have a lowering effect on esterified cholesterol and arachidonic acid levels related to aging.
• ATHLETES – It may have a positive effect on skeletal muscle and may help in the recovery from training and injuries.
• PERIPERAL NEUROPROTHIES WITH PAIN. Patients were administered 0.5gm-1 gm. per day for 3 weeks‚ and 62.5% showed improvement.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Ingredients per capsule:
N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg.
Microcrystalline Cellulose‚ Magnesium Stearate‚ Silicon Dioxide‚ Gelatin.
Take 1-2 capsules per day of Pure N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine (500mg.) or as needed‚ on an empty stomach. (N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine is also in Montiff’s Ultra Carnitine formula‚ along with Carnitine Fumerate).
Take with a full glass of water or fruit of vegetable juice on an empty stomach.
Do not take with milk or dairy products.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Corn Free
- Gluten Free
- Made In The Usa
- Preservative Free
- Soy Free
- Yeast Free
- Egg Free
- Milk Free
- Fish Free
- Artificial Color Free
- Artificial Flavor Free
- Binders Free
- Salt Free
- Starch Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item
Overall Rating for N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg 90 Capsules
Displaying reviews 1-1 of 1
from Virginia Beach
I feel compelled to take N-acetyl-l-carnitine because my diet is very low in this nutrient (I do not eat beef and eat very little pork). From what I understand N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg is necessary for proper brain function and energy metabolism both of which I need due to certain health issues. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg to anyone who eats little meat or has other certain health issues.
√ I would recommend this item to a friend.
Displaying reviews 1-1 of 1
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008