- MFG # AOR08153
- UPC # 624917081534
Multi Basics-3 offers all recognized essential nutrients in balanced ratios in the fewest capsules per day possible.
A balanced and well-designed multi-vitamin is fundamental to any supplement regime. Multivitamin / mineral formulations are an excellent way to help meet the daily requirements of all essential nutrients. Unfortunately‚ poorly designed multi plague the market‚ often causing more than harm than good by adding excessive amounts of certain nutrients in forms that are not absorbed‚ leading to nutritional imbalances.
We know that diets high in fruits and vegetables help prevent disease and help increase lifespan‚ and the more nutrient-dense (but not calorie-dense) a diet is‚ the more beneficial it becomes. A diet that provides more nutrients for the same amount of calories is associated with more health benefits and supports a longer‚ healthier life. A well-formulated multi-vitamin supplement should therefore be a highly condensed‚ calorie-free adjunct to an optimal diet.
Multi-basics-3 is the incarnation of this objective and features:
1) Less than 500 IU of preformed Vitamin A‚ because more is not better. Too much Vitamin A can have a negative impact on bones.
2) Reasonable amounts of Beta-Carotene‚ because too much Beta Carotene is not good either. Animals given superdoses of Beta-Carotene displayed disturbances int he body's ability to detoxify carcinogens and showed activation of several potentially procarcinogenic genes resulting in an increased incidence of precancerous lung lesions.
3) Moderate amounts of Manganese. The current evidence suggests that excess manganese can lead to neurological damage.
4) Damage Zinc-to Copper ratios. Getting too much of either of these nutrients creates a functional deficiency in the other.
5) From vitamin B1 for the metabolism of carbs to vitamin B12 for fatigue‚ Multi Basics-3 contains a balanced ratio of B vitamins.
6) AOR was the first in the world to provide all 8 forms of vitamin E in a multi-vitamin formula. All other multivitamin formulas currently available contain only Alpha Tocopherol‚ which has been shown in clinical trials to deplete the body of gamma tocopherol‚ the most important form of vitamin E for cardiovascular health.
7) Vitamin K2 in the form of MK-4‚ because this is the form of vitamin K the body produces and utilizes.
8) Calcium citrate-malate‚ which has a greater bioavailability than other vegetarian forms of calcium.
9) Minerals such as boron‚ silicon and vanadium‚ with health benefits suggesting they may be as important as other minerals as "essential".
10) Phytochemicals‚ becasuse there is a lot more than vitamins and essential minerals in a healthy diet. Phytochemicalls are biollogically active substances found in plants capable of reducing the risk of heart disease‚ cancer and degenerative diseases. Multi Basics 3 contains zeaxanthin‚ cryptoxanthin‚ lutein‚ mixed carotenoids‚ quercetin and mixed citrus bioflavonoids.
11) Choline and inositol - two key cellular phospholipids found in the lipid bilayer of cell membranes. Choline is an essential nutrient that is required for optimal cellular structure and function. Inositol is important for cellular dfenses and exhibits anti-cancer potential.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings per Container: 60
Amount per Serving / % Daily Value
Vitamin A Complex
- Retinol (palmitate) 437 IU / 9%
- Beta-carotene 9990 IU / 200%
Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbate) 120 mg / 200%
Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) 1000 IU / 250%
Vitamin E (as alpha-tocopherol) 22 IU / 73%
Vitamin K (Menatetrenone [MK-4]) 120 mcg / 150%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 9 mg / 600%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 2.5 mg / 147%
Niacin (Inositol Hexanicotinate) 115 mg / 575%
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 25 mg / 1250%
Folic Acid (folate) 800 mcg / 200%
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 647 mcg / 10783%
Biotin 300 mcg / 100%
Pantothenic Acid 100 mg / 1000%
Calcium (Citrate-Malate) 65 mg / 7%
Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg / 100%
Magnesium (Citrate‚ Ascorbate) 75 mg / 19%
Zinc (Citrate) 11 mg / 73%
Selenium (Selenomethionine) 55 mcg / 79%
Copper (Citrate) 1.5 mg / 75%
Manganese (bisglycinate) 2.3 mg / 115%
Chromium (Picolinate) 100 mcg / 83%
Molybdenum (Na Molybdate) 45 mcg / 60%
Boron (Citrate) 700 mcg / †
Silicon (Na Metasilicate) 25 mg / †
Vanadium (Citrate) 18 mcg / †
Lutein esters 6.8 mg / †
Zeaxanthin 324 mcg / †
Cryptoxanthin 27 mcg / †
gamma-tocopherol 60 mg / †
delta-tocopherol 24 mg / †
alpha-tocotrienol 3 mg / †
gamma-tocotrienol 6 mg / †
delta-tocotrienol 1.3 mg / †
Choline (Bitartrate) 100 mg / †
Inositol (from Inositol‚ Inositol Hexanicotinate) 100 mg / †
Mixed Citrus Bioflavonoids (25%) 100 mg / †
Quercetin (dihydrate) 65 mg / †
† Daily Value not established.
Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose‚ sucrose. Capsule; hypromellose and water. Contains Soy.
AOR guarantees that no ingredients not listed on the label have been added to the product. Contains no wheat‚ gluten‚ corn‚ nuts‚ dairy‚ eggs‚ fish or shellfish.
Take up to three capsules daily with meals‚ or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner.
Pregnancy / Nursing
No studies‚ best to avoid.
Persons taking anticoagulant (“blood thinning”) medications such as warfarin must not take this supplement. Consult your physician if taking any prescription drugs‚ as phytonutrients in this supplement may affect their metabolism or bioavailability. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 1 month. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae/Compositae/Daisy family.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Veggie Product
- Wheat Free
- Gluten Free
- Corn Free
- Nuts Free
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Shellfish Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008