- MFG # 504033
- UPC # 363824056401
Quiets Your Cough And Breaks Up Mucus:
One day it’s a wet cough. The next day it’s a dry cough. Some days it’s both. Whichever you’re dealing with‚ relief has arrived with Mucinex® DM. The immediate-release layer starts to work quickly‚ while the extended-release layer of the unique bi-layer tablet provides relief for 12 hours.
- Controls cough.
- Thins & loosens mucus.
- Works for 12 hours.
Uses: Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants.
- The intensity of coughing.
- The impulse to cough to help you get to sleep.
Active ingredients (in each extended-release bi-layer tablet) / Purpose
Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg / Cough suppressant
Guaifenesin 600 mg / Expectorant
Inactive ingredients: Carbomer 934P‚ NF; D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake; hypromellose‚ USP; magnesium stearate‚ NF; microcrystalline cellulose‚ NF; sodium starch glycolate‚ NF.
Adults and children 12 years and older: 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours; not more than 4 tablets in 24 hours.
Children under 12 years of age: do not use.
- Do not crush‚ chew‚ or break tablet.
- Take with a full glass of water.
- This product can be administered without regard for timing of meals.
Do not use for children under 12 years of age.
If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression‚ psychiatric or emotional conditions‚ or Parkinson’s disease)‚ or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI‚ ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking‚ asthma‚ chronic bronchitis‚ or emphysema.
- Cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus).
When using this product do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Cough lasts more than 7 days‚ comes back‚ or occurs with fever‚ rash‚ or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding‚ ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose‚ get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Tamper Evident: Do not use if seal under bottle cap printed “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” is torn or missing.
Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F).
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.