Domestic orders placed by 5 PM Eastern Time will be packed and shipped the
same day, pending verification of billing information and the shipping
Orders containing refrigerated items will be processed as quickly as possible, but won't necessarily be shipped out the same day.
If an item on your order is on backorder we will notify you by email
and we will ship what we have in stock, the backordered item (s) will be
shipped as soon as it is back in stock (usually within 1 week or less)
Excludes all orders placed during weekends and on major US holidays(Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day)
Order status and tracking information is updated
1 business day or less after the order is placed . You can now get real-time
status on your PureFormulas order on your cellphone or online.
Track your order
Order before 5 p.m. EST and this item will ship out today. Except during weekends and holidays.
We’re fast like that. Place your order before 5 p.m. and it will ship the same day, as long as we can verify billing and shipping information. Refrigerated items will be processed quickly, but might not ship the same day.
If it’s backordered, we’ll notify you by email and will ship it when it’s available (usually 1 week or less).
This combination herbal tincture helps to relieve constipation and reduce digestive discomfort.
About the Formula
• Cascara sagrada bark is from a tree native to North America that is prized for its laxative effects. Cascara stimulates the bowels and is useful in chronic constipation, as it not only increases peristalsis but also is tonifying to the mucosa and smooth muscle. When using herbal laxatives like cascara, it is important to drink six 8-oz glasses of water throughout the day. Cascara should not be used consecutively for longer than 10 days.
• Cape aloe latex is a powerful laxative when used internally. Aloe gel is used topically to heal burns and wounds, while the latex is used internally to act on the intestines. In large doses, aloe latex has a purgative action while smaller doses enhance digestion. Like cascara, aloe latex should be limited to occasional use to relieve constipation as it can become habit-forming and can deplete electrolytes and minerals, such as potassium, if used chronically.
• Slippery elm bark (Ulmus fulva) has a long history of use internally and topically. This tree was also employed by Native Americans to make goods such as canoes and baskets. This mucilaginous bark has been used to help heartburn, inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s, GERD, diarrhea, gastritis, sore throats, and spasmodic coughs. Slippery elm is thought to reduce inflammation and ulceration.
• Gentian root is best known as a bitter that stimulates salivary, HCl, and bile secretions. Gentian originally comes from Europe and Turkey and is promoted by herbalists as a digestive aid. Gentian is ideal for people with decreased digestive ability.
• Wild yam root (Dioscorea villosa) is indicated for spasmodic shooting pains of both skeletal and smooth muscle. The pain of conditions like diverticulitis, menstrual cramps, and colic may be alleviated by wild yam. This plant is also a mild bitter and cholagogue.
• Plantain leaf has been used to treat bronchitis, coughs, and other upper respiratory tract infections since it is soothing and a gentle expectorant. As an astringent, plantain may also be beneficial in cases of diarrhea, intestinal inflammation, and hemorrhoids.
• Fennel seed is a digestive aid that can help reduce the griping associated with intestinal colic. For this reason, it is often taken in conjunction with purgative herbs like cascara and aloe. Fennel’s carminative actions may help people with IBS, spastic constipation, and diarrhea.
• Ginger root is used in cooking and also medicinally. Ginger stimulates digestion by increasing secretion of saliva, HCl, and digestive enzymes. Ginger may be helpful for reducing gas, diarrhea, nausea, and intestinal spasm.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Start with 1-2 droppers once a day for a few days then increase to 3-5 times a day if needed.
If you have peptic ulcer disease, excessive stomach acid, gall bladder disease, or are taking thiazide diuretics, digoxin or other medications, please consult your health care practitioner before taking this or any herbal product. If cramping or diarrhea occurs with use of this product, reduce dosage.
Not for long term use (longer than 10 consecutive days). Do not use if pregnant.
Drink six 8-oz glasses of water throughout the day while using this product.
PureFormulas is your one-stop shop for health supplements, vitamins, minerals and other nutritional supplements. We carry thousands of products from a huge variety of prescreened manufacturers because our goal is to help you achieve optimal health, regardless of your age, lifestyle or location.
At PureFormulas, we hand pick every item in our inventory. We only work with the most reputable, trusted manufacturers of vitamins, minerals and nutritional supplements.
When you order from PureFormulas, you're getting access to our large inventory, the convenience of fast, free shipping, and the comfort of knowing your order is guaranteed authentic and fresh. Our dedicated team is here to make sure you have access to the best health supplements, vitamins and minerals and other nutritional supplements. Our friendly, efficient customer service is second-to-none, and we guarantee your satisfaction on every order you place through PureFormulas.
We invite you to browse our large selection of vitamins and minerals, nutritional supplements and other health supplements, and please contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to meeting your needs today!
Domestic orders placed by 5 PM Eastern Time will be packed and shipped the same day, pending verification of billing information and the shipping method selected. Orders containing out-of-stock items or refrigerated items will be processed as quickly as possible, but won't necessarily be shipped out the same day.
Excludes all orders placed during weekends and on major US holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day).