|MFG # HT-CIRC1|
Official Website: http://www.nutritionalfrontiers.com
This comprehensive herbal blend is designed to optimize blood circulation, particularly to the head and heart.
About the Formula
• Gingko biloba leaf promotes blood flow to the brain. Gingko is used for mild cognitive impairment, depression, tinnitus, and headaches. This antioxidant herb may enhance cardiovascular health by reducing emboli formation and relaxing blood vessels.
• Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) stimulates circulation to the head. Gotu kola reduces anxiety and enhances memory, possibly by balancing catecholamines. Centella is trophorestorative, restoring optimal function to the nervous system.
• Eleutherococcus senticosus is an adaptogenic herb used to improve attention and depression. Eleuthero can increase tolerance to stress and prevent free radical formation. It is useful for people who are debilitated from cardiovascular disease.
• Rosemary is best known for its role in cooking, but it also has many medicinal uses. Rosemary enhances blood flow by relaxing smooth muscle and thereby dilating arterioles. Rosemary is said to have an affinity for the head, improving circulation to the brain and benefiting vision, memory, and mood.
• Butcher’s broom root has been shown to improve chronic venous insufficiency by enhancing venous strength and tone. Butcher’s broom contains steroidal saponins which are thought to be the active constituents.
• Bilberry is closely related to American blueberry. Bilberry contains anthocyanosides which are flavonoids with potent antioxidant activity. Anthocyanosides may strengthen capillaries, support connective tissue formation, and optimize venous blood flow.
• Bayberry root (Myrica cerifera) is a shrub that grows near the Atlantic coast and Lake Erie. Since it is an alterative and astringent, this stimulating herb has been used to treat jaundice and diarrhea, and is an effective external poultice for ulcers. As an astringent, bayberry can reduce inflammation and mucus production in the upper respiratory tract. Many herbalists recommended it as a gargle for throat inflammation and gum health. In small doses, bayberry is thought to improve overall circulation.
• Hawthorne supports the heart and blood vessels. This plant is found across the globe and has been used medicinally since at least the 1st century C.E. Hawthorn contains a variety of flavonoids including oligomeric procyanidins (OPCs). Hawthorn may improve coronary artery blood flow, contractions of the heart muscle, exercise tolerance, and overall circulation. Clinical studies have shown hawthorne (also called Crataegus) to be beneficial for congestive heart failure.
• Cayenne is often added to herbal tinctures to have a synergizing effect, enhancing the actions of all of the other herbs in the formula. In addition, cayenne improves circulation. Topical applications of cayenne may be helpful for reducing the pain of arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, psoriasis, postsurgical pain, and fibromyalgia.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.