- MFG # N/A
- UPC # 076920000307
Natural Digestive Aid!
This is a traditional blend of eight herbal extracts that nourish the digestive system and help maintain the eliminative system. It is a mild laxative that also provides nutritional support for the liver‚ stomach‚ gall bladder‚ pancreas and spleen. Can-Gest is 100% free of harsh acidic substances or enzymes that can cause further irritation to a sensitive digestive system. This product has shown noticeable improvement from symptoms of heartburn‚ acid reflux‚ bloating‚ gas‚ constipation‚ and other digestive problems.
Many studies have shown that the usual American diet is rich in fat‚ sugar‚ calcium and phosphates‚ and low in fish‚ vegetables and whole grains. This typical diet does not provide the necessary amount of essential nutrients (like magnesium and potassium) and can actually block many nutrients in your diet from being absorbed in the intestines. Can-Gest supports the natural functions of the digestive system‚ helps to clear stagnant waste‚ and is thought to aide in the absorption of essential nutrients.
The founder of Alta Health Products‚ Richard Barmakian‚ N.D.‚ studied in Paris‚ France with Dr. Louis Kervran. He traveled to Canada and studied under Alma R. Hutchins‚ a protégé of Natalie and N.G. Tretchikoff‚ well-known Russian herbalists. He also studied with Dr. Paavo Airola Ph.D.‚ and through these educational endeavors‚ N.D. Barmakian based his Can-Gest formula on a perfect combination of herbs that nourish the digestive system. Alta Health continue to provide Dr. Barmakian's original formula and ensure the quality of all ingredients used.
Can-Gest contains 8 different herbs that have been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years. Each herb is known and well-documented in helping the body in the following ways:
- Boldo Tree Leaf (Peumus Boldus): Enhances the digestive function and improves the assimilation of nutrients into the system. Associated with liver function and supporting the pancreas.
- Combretum (Kinkeliba): Common name is Butter Tree. It has been used as a cholagogue (to increase the flow of bile) and is known for its nutritional support for the liver and gall bladder.
- Alder Buckthorn Bark (Rhamnus Frangula L): Known for its use as both a gentle‚ natural‚ vegetal laxative and as nutritional support for the bowel and digestive system.
- Peppermint Leaf (Mentha Piperita): Beneficial to soothe the digestive system and known for its nutritional support for gas‚ nausea and diarrhea.
- Orange Tree Leaf (Citrus Vulgaris): Known for its nutritional support of the digestive system.
- Balm Leaf (Melissa Officinalis): Known for its relaxant qualities on the central nervous and digestive system.
- Marigold Flowers (Calendula Officinalis L): Known for stimulating the activity of the digestive system.
- Mallow Leaf (Malva Sylvestris L): Known for its use as a demulcent (a soothing effect on the mucus membranes) and an emollient (having a soothing effect) that is useful for inflammation and irritation of the alimentary tract.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
The Alta Health Products Proprietary Blend of: Boldo Tree Leaf‚ Combretum‚ Alder Buckthorn Bark‚ Peppermint leaf‚ Orange Tree Leaf‚ Balm Leaf‚ Marigold Flowers‚ and Mallow Leaf. This extract has been pre-steeped for optimum assimilation.
Free From: Sugar‚ salt‚ yeast‚ wheat‚ soy‚ dairy products‚ colorings‚ flavorings or preservatives.
No GMO. Gluten Free.
As a dietary supplement 1 to 4 capsules a day.
(1 capsule = 121 mg. and 4 capsules = 484 mg.)
Note: This product is also safe for children but consider one capsule to be a dose; capsules can be opened and the contents mixed with applesauce (or any other food your child likes).
As with all of Alta's health products‚ Can-Gest is safe to take while nursing and/or pregnant.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Sugar Free
- Salt Free
- Yeast Free
- Wheat Free
- Soy Free
- Dairy Free
- Artificial Color Free
- Artificial Flavor Free
- Artificial Preservative Free
- Gluten Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item Be the first to review this item.
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008