|MFG # 10150|
UPC # 683268101506
Official Website: http://montiff.com
WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONS OF B-VITAMINS?
• Vitamin B-1 (Thiamin) is necessary for proper function of the nervous system, and muscles, including the heart muscle. It is involved in glucose metabolism and is essential for energy production.
• Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin) is important for healthy skin, mucous membranes and energy metabolism.
• Vitamin B-3 (Niacin or Niacinamide) works in the glycogen energy cycle, oxidating fatty acids for energy.
• Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine and the active Pyridoxal 5’Phosphate) is essential for amino acid metabolism, hemoglobin formation, and a healthy nervous system.
• Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin) is essential for all cells, including red and white blood cells, as well as a healthy nervous system. It is also essential to help prevent harmful homocysteine levels.
• Folic Acid is important for healthy cell production, including red and white blood cells, and it helps prevent and reduce harmful homocysteine levels, which can cause heart attacks and strokes. There is also growing
evidence of its anticarcinogenic properties, especially against lung, colon & cervical cancers. It also helps prevent birth defects.
• Pantethine or Pantothenic Acid (B-5) has multiple roles in energy metabolism, is a coenzyme, and is important for proper neurotransmitter health. It is also known as the “stress vitamin”.
• Biotin is important for gluconeogenesis and fatty acid synthesis, and is essential for healthy hair, skin and muscle tissue.
• Choline Bitarate is important for nerve transmission to the brain and a healthy nervous system, as well as regulation of the gallbladder and proper liver function.
• Inositol, a lipotropic, works with choline and biotin to control hypertension and arteriosclerosis, as well as metabolizing fatty acids, lowering cholesterol and controlling fatty deposits on the liver.
• Niacinamide is a vasodilator with an affect on cholesterol, hormones and growth.
• Para-Amino Benzoic Acid (PABA) a component of folic acid, is an antioxidant, and helps maintain healthy flora balance of the intestine.
WHY IS SUSTAINED RELEASE IMPORTANT?
B-Vitamins are essential for amino acid metabolism, and healthy brain, cell, and nerve function. There is no storage capacity for B-Vitamins, and excessive amounts, which are not immediately utilized, are excreted. Therefore, it is best to provide these nutrients in small amounts over an extended time. The sustained release tablet provides a longer acting delivery system to insure proper function of the Krebs’ cycle, and provide the necessary biochemistry for healthy cell activity.
WHAT IS HOMOCYSTEINE?
Homocycteine naturally occurs from protein metabolism. B-6, B-12 and folic acid are necessary to prevent excessive buildup of these levels, which can cause atherosclerosis. High levels of Homocysteine can damage the endothelium lining exposing the underlying layers of blood vessels forming clots, which can lead to heart attacks and strokes. This has been noted in many medical studies in journals, including New England Medical Journal,
JAMA and Lancet.
WHY ARE ANTIOXIDANTS IMPORTANT?
Antioxidants are molecules that help attack “free radicals”, which can damage healthy cells and lead to aging and degenerative diseases. They are anticarcinogenic, important for cardio-vascular health, and have many other
The antioxidants included for increased protection in this unique B-LONG SUSTAINED RELEASE complex are:
• ALPHA LIPOIC ACID is a powerful antioxidant that helps destroys more “free radicals” than any other antioxidant, and enhances the effects of other antioxidants.
• BILBERRY EXTRACT has powerful anti-aging properties.
• LYCOPENE (found in tomatoes) has high antioxidant properties, and is especially important for prostate health.
• GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT has free radical scavenging properties, and platelet activating factor, contributing to protection of vascular endothelia. It also helps protect brain functions associated with memory and may prevent hypoxic damage and other changes in neurotransmitter functions caused by aging.
• PINE BARK (a flavonoid) EXTRACT helps prevent nitric oxide deficiencies, and has anti-inflammatory properties. It also potentiates other antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Glutathione.
• GRAPE SEED EXTRACT is high in flavonoids and free radical scavenging activity. It inhibits stomach mucosal injury, and may help prevent gastric ulcers and intestinal adenomas, as well as increasing glutathione levels. It is
anticarcinogenic and helps prevent cataracts.
• ZINC is a mineral that is a free radical terminator, is important for prostate health, and is involved in numerous biological actions.
• TAURINE, (an amino acid) helps combat “free radicals” found in smog, and potentiates the action of Vitamin E.
• MAGNESIUM OXIDE is important for enzyme activity. It is also essential for calcium and potassium uptake and is necessary for cardiovascular health.
SOME BENEFITS OF B-LONG
B-LONG has a full spectrum of the highest quality B-Vitamins with active forms of B-2 and B-6, in a sustained release tablet to provide a longer delivery system. ANTIOXIDANTS are included in this unique complex for extra protection against “free radical” damage. Sufficient amounts of folic acid, B-6, and B-12 are included for prevention and reduction of harmful homocysteine levels.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.