- MFG # 2036
- UPC # 859447002036
Ashwagandha‚ also known as Withania somnifera or "Indian Winter Cherry‚" is an adaptogenic herb that supports the body's ability to maintain physical effort and adapt to various types of stress. Perhaps the most famous rejuvenating botanical in Ayurvedic medicine‚ Ashwagandha is one of a rare group of botanicals and mushrooms possessing unique properties that helps support the body's ability to resist and recover from stress‚ boost energy‚ and provide an enhanced feeling of overall well-being.
Extensive clinical and experimental studies indicate that the major medicinal properties of this herb are confined to its roots. Ayurveda advocates the usage of roots alone for helping manage symptoms of stress and support relaxation.
KSM-66® vs. Other Ashwagandha Extracts
There is some confusion regarding the claims made about the different Ashwagandha extracts by companies using these extracts in their products. In our humble opinion‚ KSM-66® is a qualitatively superior extract across multiple markers of safety‚ efficacy‚ and overall quality:
- The active ingredient in Ashwagandha‚ Withanolides‚ is sourced from root alone in the KSM-66® extract whereas these active constituents are sourced from both root and leaf in other extracts‚ which goes against established Ayurvedic practices.
- Some companies use leaves of Ashwagandha in their extracts to boost the total amount of Withanolides‚ but Ayurveda cautions that the leaf-extract be used only for occasional external‚ topical use. On the other hand‚ the root-only extract (as used in KSM-66®) is emphasized when the objective is to attain overall systemic strengthening of the mind and body.
- The vast majority of clinical trials documented in PubMed use root-based extracts. Indeed‚ the only Ashwagandha extracts listed in the Indian Pharmacopeia‚ the British Pharmacopeia and the U.S. Pharmacopeia‚ are all drawn exclusively from roots.
- Not all Withanolides are beneficial. There are good Withanolides and not-so-good Withanolides. Withaferin A is one withanolide which is cytotoxic‚ as has been established in multiple scientific studies. Some Ashwagandha extracts have high levels of Withaferin A because the manufacturers use Ashwagandha leaves. While adding leaves increases total Withanolide content‚ the increase‚ unfortunately‚ comes from less beneficial Withanolides.
- KSM-66® is the only full-spectrum‚ organic extract of Ashwagandha standardized to 5% Withanolides from root alone.
- KSM-66® is the only Ashwagandha extract to receive the prestigious "Best New Ingredient" award for its high content of Withanolides extracted from root alone using a patented process that preserves the natural ratio of all the other beneficial compounds in Ashwagandha responsible for its ability to help the body manage symptoms of stress and promote relaxation.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Offers adaptogenic support.
- Offer protection from everyday stressors.
- Supports the body's natural resistance to stress and helps promote relaxation.
- Supports mental clarity‚ concentration‚ and alertness.
- Provides support against stress induced responses such as anxiety.
- Supports enhanced performance‚ strength‚ and endurance.
- Support heart health.
- Supports healthy immune function.
- Supports healthy aging.
Ashwagandha Gold™ Key Health Benefit(s): Helps manage symptoms of stress and supports relaxation‚ cognitive‚ emotional‚ immune‚ and sexual health.
The Ashwagandha Gold™ Advantage
- Features KSM-66® Ashwagandha - the "world's best" Ashwagandha extract.
- Full-spectrum‚ standardized organic extract of Ashwagandha Root.
- Highest percentage of withanolides in the world‚ derived from roots alone (>5%‚ by HPLC).
- Safety and effectivenss supported by clinical and preclinical studies.
- Full spectrum and holistic extract‚ keeping all the natural constituents of the herb intact.
- Negligible percentage of Withaferin A (recognized as a cytotoxic agent).
- Nutrient dense extract rich in prebiotic fructo-oligosaccharides‚ vitamin A‚ essential amino acids‚ calcium and iron.
- Synergistically formulated with organic Ashwagandhan whole root powder.
- Formulated without the use of GMOs‚ additives‚ binders‚ artificial ingredients‚ preservatives‚ Stearates‚ Sulfates‚ Laurates‚ and Dioxides.
- Verified free of peanut‚ soy‚ wheat‚ shellfish‚ and eggs by an independent‚ third-party lab.
- Verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™.
- 500 mg per vegetarian capsule / 90 capsules per bottle.
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards in USA.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian capsule
Servings per Container: 90
Amount per Serving
Organic KSM-66® Full-spectrum Ashwagandha 300 mg ƚ
Extract (Withania somnifera [root] standardized to minimum 5% Withanolides
and less than 0.1% Withaferin A)
Organic Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [root]) Powder 200 mg ƚ
Minimum Withanolides 15 mg ƚ
ƚ Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian Capsule (non-GMO Plant Cellulose)
Does not contain GMOs‚ additives‚ fillers‚ artificial ingredients‚ preservatives‚ Stearates‚ Silicon Dioxide‚ or Titanium Dioxide.
Free of egg‚ shellfish‚ peanuts‚ soy‚ and gluten. Contains a milk derivative (lactic acid).
As a dietary supplement‚ adults take 1 vegetarian capsule one to two times daily‚ or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Please consult your healthcare provider before using this product if you are pregnant‚ breast feeding‚ taking any prescription or OTC medications for a medical condition‚ and/or preparing for a surgical procedure. Store in a cool‚ dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Vegetarian Product
- Artificial Additive Free
- Fillers Free
- Preservative Free
- Egg Free
- Shellfish Free
- Peanut Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
- Milk Free
- Binders Free
- Vegetable Product
- Artificial Ingredients Free
Ratings & ReviewsReview This Item
Overall Rating for Ashwagandha Gold 500 mg 90 Vegetable Capsules
Displaying reviews 1-2 of 2
By Sharon hodge
from Sarsota Florida
I believe this product has helped me to stabilize my thyroid.
√ I would recommend this item to a friend.
from Coral Gables, FL
This stuff is great
Ashwaganda is great for stress. It helps reduce anxiety. I love this.
√ I would recommend this item to a friend.
Displaying reviews 1-2 of 2
Questions About This ItemAsk a Question
Please ask any questions you may have about this specific product in the field below.
Your question(s) and our corresponding answer(s) will not be confidential and will be posted publically on this specific product page.
Additionally, PureFormulas is unable to directly recommend products in relation to specific health conditions. Please contact your trusted healthcare practitioner for direct product recommendations.
If you have any general questions regarding orders or our policies and programs, please contact our Customer Happiness Team @ 1.800.383.6008