- MFG # 10231
- UPC # 683268102312
WHAT IS ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (ALA)?
• A naturally occurring co-factor in the body‚ found most abundantly in red meat.
• It exists in variety of locations in the body: intracellular‚ extra-cellular and membranes.
• Many individuals have insufficient amounts.
• Its reduced form is Dihyrolipoic Acid (DHLA)‚ and it is essential for metabolic process of energy (ATP) from food.
• A potent antioxidant that destroys more “free radicals” than other antioxidants.
• A chelator of heavy metal ions‚ such as copper and iron as well as toxic metal such as cadmium‚ lead and mercury.
• Lessens oxidative damage caused by radiation exposure‚ and was used effectively in the former Soviet Union after the Chernobyl incident.
• Being both water and fat-soluble makes it very bioavailable.
• ALA (also known as thioctic acid) increases Glutathione levels in the cells‚ and enhances the activity of other antioxidants‚ especially E and C.
• It has had positive effects on many disorders‚ including diabetes‚ heart conditions‚ liver disorders‚ cataracts‚ metal poisoning‚ and radiation damage.
As a very effective antioxidant‚ ALA helps prevent the oxidative damage caused by free radicals‚ which are associated with the process of aging and major health problems‚ such as heart disease‚ diabetes‚ cancer‚ arthritis‚ cataracts‚ asthma and liver disorders.
• ALA has been used safely for the treatment of diabetics in Europe for over 30 years in doses of 300-
600 mg. daily. ALA‚ and other antioxidants such as Glutathione‚ helps prevent neuropathies‚
cardiomyopathy‚ and retinopathy associated with diabetes.
• Ischemia-reperfusion injuries‚ which occur in conditions such as stroke‚ cardiac arrest and head trauma‚ result from the release of free radicals during reoxygenation of tissue that has become hypoxic.
• ALA is efficacious in preventing ischemia-reperfusion injuries‚ and may be important to patients who have strokes‚ cardiac infarction‚ and open heart surgery.
• ALA provides antioxidant protection against LDL’s‚ helping to prevent fatty deposits on arterial walls. AIDS AND HIV
• ALA is effective in its antioxidant action‚ preventing complications to patients with compromised immune systems‚ such as AIDS and HIV patients.
• By enhancing antioxidants Vitamins E and C and producing Glutathione‚ ALA and DHLA enhance the immune response of HIV patients who are deficient in most antioxidants.
• These antioxidants scavenge free radicals that are responsible for inactivating white blood cells necessary as a defense against foreign bodies‚ may help inhibit replication of the virus and also help block the activation of the virus.
• ALA enhances activity of Glutathione‚ Ascorbate and Vitamin E levels‚ which have an effect on cataract prevention.
STIMULATES MUSCLE STRENGTH AND ENERGY
• ALA may decrease Nitric Oxide release‚ and enhances the uptake of glucose into the muscle‚ prevents glycation of proteins‚ and is essential for ATP production.
IMPROVES NERVOUS SYSTEM AND MEMORY
• Alpha Lipoic Acid protects the mitochondria of cells in the brain and nervous system‚ and it may be involved in nerve regeneration. It reduces the amount of oxidative stress in the brain and may enhance memory and mental function.
IMPROVES LONGEVITY BY SLOWING THE AGING PROCESS
• Inhibits oxidation and glycation‚ which cause the accelerated aging process in skin‚ blood vessels and connective tissue.
• Alpha Lipoic Acid protects against liver damage from caffeine and alcohol‚ and may have beneficial effects on those with Hepatitis C and other liver disorders.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Ingredients per capsule:
Lipoic Acid (Thiotic Acid) 300 mg
(racemic mixture of 50% R-entantiomer and 50% L-entantiomer)
Silica‚ Vegetable Stearic Acid
1 capsule twice daily ideally between meals or as directed by your healthcare professional.
If pregnant‚ consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Corn Free
- Gluten Free
- Made In The Usa
- Preservative Free
- Soy Free
- Yeast Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Milk Free
- Artificial Color Free
- Artificial Flavor Free
- Binders Free
- Salt Free
- Starch Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free